26 March 2007

Angels All Around

God certainly is watching out for us, even when we are stupid. This morning was no exception.

I was driving down a slick farm road this morning, Hector in tow, happily listening to music and getting a little distracted with doggie's antics - a good set-up for an accident. And yes, I did have one.

I really can't remember all that happened. . . all I remember was that I lost complete control of the car (due to a slick spot), and was spinning both directions, all over two lanes and then collided my back-end into a tree in a ditch. . . it was scary. All I remember was spinning and crashing, shaking and trying not to panic.

God was right there - a tow truck was driving by as this all happened, and pulled over immediately to help me. A kind lady in a minivan offered to drive me and my frazzled dog wherever we needed to go. I just had to sit in the car and collect myself (even though the car was sunk in the wet earth and stuck). The tow truck driver got it out of the ditch for me and there was no significant damage other than tree-branch scratches and a banged up rear back light.

I am so thankful for this thing called life. God protects us from ourselves, other people, and gives us all kinds of things in life to make us realize how mortal we are, how needy and how frail we are. He gives us tattooed good Samaritans, understanding and loving husbands, and angels all around us.
I am still so shaky - what if my airbags had gone off, what if I had a baby in the backseat, what kind of driver am I??? I take everything for granted so easily. I am so thankful He keeps me safe.

Life is precious. Drive safe.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, Amy. I'm so glad you're safe. I thank God for your protection, and for making a scary situation as easy as it could possibly be. And I never cease to be amazed at how good He is to His people, and how many stories like this are told by those who love Him. He is so good to us, even in the bad things.

jen said...

Oh mames, I am so thankful too that God protected you! And, even though it's scary, it is, like you said, a blessing that God gives us moments like these to see that our life is so frail yet completely safe in His hands. love you!

Emily said...

AMY CHRISTINE HOFMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger