09 March 2007

Of clean carpets & such

Last night. after work, we headed over to the house(with an army of boxes, cleaning supplies and a huge pack of paper towels) . It was not really that bad - just needed some disinfecting and a little scrubbing. Haven rented a Rug Doctor at HEB & let me tell you, those things work WONDERS on a dingy carpet. It smells so fresh while the carpet is drying too.

I bleached out the bottom of the shower stall in the master bath. . .hopefully it will get a bit fresher. Anybody have a good solution for shower scum?(Or am I just doomed?)

Our glass shower door is kinda streaky, and the scrubbing bubbles spray that I used didn't really attack it.

Anyway. First load is in! You probably wouldn't really notice it if you looked at our apartment right now. Tonight and tomorrow should be enough to clear out :) Hurray!


**p.s. I know, NO PICTURES YET? - I will get some tonight to upload - we had to make it sparkly first :)**

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amy,
Although I've never personally tried it, Tami Smith uses the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on her shower floor. She posted about it on her blog about a month or so ago. If all else fails, use CLR for the first initial cleaning to get everything off. Just make sure it's all well ventilated.
Congrats on your new place!

Hofwoman said...

Thanks Kim! :) I'll definitely give that a try :)

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger