22 March 2007

Life outside the city


It's GRAND . . .

We have discovered that we live in quite a pleasant neighborhood. Quaint little houses in neat rows, at least two lush trees in every yard, and families everywhere. How refreshing to be in a neighborhood & not a noisy apartment complex :) (Our previous residence began to be a big headache the last few months).
Evenings here come with cool breezes and light rain - perhaps this is just a 'spring thing', but I am savoring every moment - throwing open the windows and drinking in deep breaths of fresh air - perhaps catching a whiff or two of Austin (as gusts like to blow from that general direction).
We love taking Heck on night time walks in the neighborhood - its been great exercise for us chubbies too ;) He is getting used to life on the leash & in the crate. Every day gets a little bit better. Less fighting and more submission (this is good) :) He is a chewer - (yes, you guys were right). He tore up the swing canvas, and mangled two tiki torches (left by previous owners, so thankfully, no great attachments). Well, anyway, we are working on it. He's still too cute to kill though, & is quite obedient in all other areas.

Our commutes to work have flip-flopped - I am on the longer route now, so at day's end, I have to gear up mentally for the traff-ICKY, 45+ minute jaunt home. Haven gets a nice 20 minute drive ;) He gets to feed the dog and preheat the oven though, so all is fair -

Well, I am bushed - work and the week are catching up. Tomorrow, we are going to Austin to see the Lipizzaner stallions. I am so excited - I have ALWAYS wanted to see them perform! I will take pics!

Love to you all!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so adorable Amy! I am glad ya'll are enjoying your new home.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger