03 December 2006

When its cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile. . .

I am finally sitting down to recap a semi-busy weekend consisting of such things as running errands, babysitting, cleaning, grocery shopping, going crazy in traffic, exploring, fellowshipping, eating, bundling up, etc. etc.
I can't remember the last time I pulled on a pair of sweats and big hoodie to just stay homebound, instead of gymbound. Isn't that weird? Its usually been too warm to get snuggly like this - but its so cold that even my feet are snuggled in slippers. :)

Yesterday, after a morning of coffee with my dear friend, and stocking our fridge and pantry again, H and I set off for a park that we had been interested in checking out for a while. It was somewhat nippy, but I was only too happy to arm up in one of many coats that stuff our overstuffed closet.

So off we went, feeling a little jipped that we had to pay $12 to get in, but did I mention to you that this was a river park? (water being a commodity here, I can see why they might see it as a reason to charge you an arm and a leg and your firstborn child to see it).

I had a lot of fun with the camera this time -

Stairs ~



River Grove~


Hilly Cragg - Craggy Hill~


Barkly Gnarled, Gnarls Barkley ;) ~


Water, on the Rocks ;) ~


Rock, Large in Size~


Fading Colors, Dim Reflections~


Nature's Knots~


"He shall be like a firmly planted tree by the riverside"~


He wants to be a logger~


Contrasts of dark and light~


Haven in Sepia~


Storm-Tossed~



Our cheeks are rosy but comfy cozy are we ;) ~

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

So fun, Amy! Which park was it?

Hofwoman said...

Steph ~ Guadalupe River State Park - off 46. We are eager to re-visit it in spring, when it is less drear :)

Anonymous said...

aawwwwww, you guys look so cute!!!! *sqeak*

no, really, nice pics.

Anonymous said...

your photographs are lovely

Anonymous said...

Gnarles Barkley...haha...I think you're crazy, girl!

Anonymous said...

The pathway picture is great!!!!
Would you let me have a copy? I have been collecting photos of stairways. Outdoor ones, especially.

Where is sepia? :)
Love, M2

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger