07 December 2006

For Ears and Eyes

The day is already dragging its feet. I can feel a long one coming on. . . bigcuppacoffee here I come -
I am listening to a really great cd right now - Third Day's "Offerings" - very good praise music to get your day going.
Hmm - that gets me thinking, I should get a Top 10 list going for Christian music sometime. I am sort of skeptical of Christian music, just because it seems such a mixed bag. But when I find a good one, its almost like finding a jewel. Two other groups I can easily recommend right now are Downhere and Switchfoot ( I love their 'Beautiful Letdown' cd).

We saw an excellent movie last week called, "Face the Giants". It is a distinctly Christian film, very wholesome. The Story is about a coach of a highschool football team. Despite all the odds against him, and the failings of the team in times before, he brings them to victory through his change of attitude. Here is a worthwhile article about it.
It was very good and a tearjerker. I was sitting next to my mom and we were a big, black puddle of mascara and tears ;)

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Have you heard Jewel's Christmas album? It's actually a favorite of mine. Very pleasant.

I agree -- it's hard to find Christmas albums. But wonderful when you do find one that you like@

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger