06 December 2006

Flyby


Real quick recap.

Yesterday was a little hard - I feel a little 'hormoney' these days and last night ended in a puddle of tears, a little arguement with H, conviction by the Holy Spirit, some painful sanctification, and, well, you get the message.
Something really struck me hard last night - I have often said that I expect (foolishly) immediate results. I know how useless this mindset can be, and still I am in the 'old man' with this one. I was convicted of wanting this so badly in the sanctification aspect. . . immediate sanctification, like put it on high in the microwave and PRESTO, out you come, PERFECT.

Yeah Right.

God has a way unknown to me. Our sanctification is a LIFELONG process. And though I kind of hate that sometimes, I do know that it is for the best. So, onto a new day we go. The happy part of this flyby is that there was a lot of resolution last night.


Thanks be to God.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good comments on Presto brand of sanctification. I think often we confuse sanctification with perfection, being impatient people and thinking we know perfection in our lives whenever we could see it. Perfection comes with glorification...

When we are corrected by the Holy spirit, that brokeness is the evidence of sanctification. So often our, esp. my :~) response is to jump into a perfection program all over again.
M2

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger