04 April 2007

Slower traffic, please move right

I need a chocolate fudge sundae
A backrub
A bubble bath, surrounded by scented candles
A rainstorm
A day off
A Pride and Prejudice marathon
A visit with my best friend


Sorry, its just been one of those days. . . where I was wishing that I didn't have to be a working girl anymore, wishing that my car had wings to lift me above the traffic, my body would be just the size I wanted, that I wasn't getting sick, and that I would feel less rushed.

But this is not the case. Things are exactly the way that God wants them to be. He has put just enough on my plate for me to realize that I need Him DESPERATELY. He has also not given me anything that He thinks that I can't handle. That is relief enough.
There is so much I wish for, and yet, I still would not be completely satisfied if I did have all those things.

What good is it to me to gain the whole world anyway. . .its just the world.

2 comments:

Granny said...

GREAT post, Amy ;-)

Erin Thompson said...

Hope you feel better today, Amy! Blessings.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger