18 April 2007

Like a flower in the rain

Its been a crazy past two weeks here - we got back from Ohio and all hell broke loose. I will spare the details, for they are in the Lord's hands and He knows it all and how it will be resolved. Of all comforts that we can cling to, His assurances to us prove the most steadfast and trustworthy. I am seeking to daily claim His precious promises of Hope & Joy in these dismal times when you wonder if He is still really there.


But He is. I can see Him working mightily through the people He has arranged around us, and their testimonies are truly golden.
When I feel overwhelmed in this present place where He has brought me, I am just as quickly strengthened by His Might.
And yet, I am struggling. In the blink of an eye, I feel like I have so much less time. Working more hours, BSF duties, and trying to still be a homemaker and housewife has left me reeling. Sometimes, in the weakest of moments, tears catch me by surprise and I ask God, "why this now", "why are You calling me to do this now"?

My own plans were neatly arranged and ready for His use, and yet, He so sovereignly lifted me from my comfort zone, and put me in places where He knew I would have to trust Him.
I don't understand it, but then again, I don't have to. He asks me to follow Him, and that is what I am called to do, whether I like it or not.
Submission is not always a joyful path to take, but He certainly is faithful to plant flowers along the way.

- Amen -

You are the One; there's no one else
Who lifts me up
And gives me water from the well
But there's a hole
That seems to drain it all away
And once again I'm left in fear and doubt
When all my strength is crying out

So here I am again
Willing to be opened up and broken like a flower in the rain
Tell me what have I to do
To die and then be raised
To reach beyond the pain
Like a flower in the rain

The evil wind, it blows a storm
To rock my world
Just when I think I'm safe and warm
I'm led astray far too easily
It's always hard for me to say I'm wrong
Until I know I can't go on

Lord, You have searched me
And know when I sleep and when I rise
You're familiar with all my ways
Even the darkness will shine
Like the day
When you look into my heart

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger