17 February 2006

Sweet Mercy


Its the end of the work week, two days before the Sabbath. Such a sweet deliverance that day is too . . . . rest for the weary, renewal for the weak, comfort for the afflicted, fellowship for the lonely, deliverance for the oppressed, water and manna for those who are thirsting and hungry. Friday's come with great anticipation.

I am making spaghetti tonight - its chilly outside. Mom used to make spaghetti and meatballs for us on cold days. So hearty and homey, the oven steaming the windows in the kitchen and the livingroom. Its funny how I am brought back in vivid memory when I stick a handful of pasta in a boiling pot of water :) The sliding glass door isn't even coming close to steaming. Oh well.
The man just called - the countdown begins . . . 15 minutes, 14, 13, 12 . . .
I am happy today.

1 comments:

Emily said...

ever heard the song, "sweet angel of mercy"? I've had it stuck in my head all day long and don't know all the words...anyways...your title reminded me of that. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TOMORROW!!!!???? I'm coming over to bug you if you're not doing anything. I love you so much amy, you have absolutely no idea.

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger