23 February 2006

God is Good

I am happy. Today has been productive. The lincoln woke up this morning with a flat tire, so bleary eyed, I drove carefully down the road to give it some tlc at the air pump. That kept up nicely for a couple of hours until I drove it on the backroads to discount tires where they pulled a screw out and patched it up. The other three seemed to check out fine. I am so grateful that the fogue is still going, it has been more than a blessing for us to have another running car! :)

I have convinced myself that looking into other sorts of jobs is actually not so bad at all. I just had an interview at a cheery deli nearby. It sounds pretty promising, but we'll see. The catch is that they need people to work on Sundays. Sorry, I ain't your girl, brother . . .
You know, in all this, there has been so much for me to learn. Patience with what God is doing in my life is the biggie. Another is learning to surrender my pride and my independence and clothe myself in humility. No matter what I am looking at right now, it all boils down to one thing; it is a job, and it pays, and it will keep me going. I am grateful for that which I cannot see yet. It will be good, whatever God brings.
I just cleaned the kitchen and now I am most certainly going to do some pilates. Ta Ta.

1 comments:

Emily said...

hey what's your hubby's blog?

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger