22 September 2007

Balance

The teetering pole.

Often it seems like a teeter totter, that very fine line of staying on the straight and narrow and wandering off road.

Were it not for God's grace holding me upright, I'd be over the edge, off-roading myself into ditches.

Were it not.

Thanks be to God for balance. For placing temptations in our way to strengthen our resolve against sin. For giving us the power to deny them, the cleansing grace to wash away the stain they leave on the exit. For His faithfulness to the unfaithful.


1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger