22 September 2007

Balance, part 2

I thought I'd share something that came up today. It reminded me, once again, how God is so powerfully at work in His children's lives, to protect them from even themselves.

I spent a lovely afternoon with my mother this afternoon, seeing 'Becoming Jane' and enjoying some girl time.

On our conversation on the drive home, mom brought up a time of life when I was 15, very weak, and very naive. I had a major crush on a guy who shared the same passion I had for horses and he had the whole 'bad boy' appeal.
But God really bubble-wrapped my heart and protected me from myself. Mom was telling me today how thankful she was that I didn't run off with him. I gave a hearty amen to that. Even though that probably would have never happened, it made me think. I don't know where I'd be if I did.

If I chose 'my' best over God's best for me, I probably wouldn't have gone to college. If I didn't go to college, I wouldn't have met my wonderful husband. And if I didn't meet my wonderful husband, I'd be in pretty bad shape right now. It sort of all has a domino effect.

Who knows where I'd be if I went with 'My' way.

I wouldn't give up this life, as confusing as it is sometimes, for ANYTHING.
God truly know what is best for us. Don't settle.

His blessings are far beyond what we could ask or think!

5 comments:

Miriam said...

It sure is awesome to see God's provision in the past. Thanks for sharing how God's way is definitely best!

Stephanie said...

AB-SO-LUTE-LY!!! I can't agree with you more. I'm so glad I didn't "follow my heart", as all the good chick flicks and romance novels would advise. Following God's will, though it didn't make much sense to me at the time, has led me to a FAR better place than I ever would've been!

Denise Therese said...

Amen!!!

jen said...

you're SO right, mames! <3

Julie Cohoon said...

HI MY AMY, MY ELDEST DAUGHTER.
YOUR MOTHER LOVES YOU! I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR THE LIFE GOD HAS GIVEN YOU!
LOVE MOM

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger