10 June 2007

Of things I cannot say

Many things are left unwritten, and it may be better that way. The secrets of the heart are even deeper than one can ever know. There are things we yearn to tell, and yet, we smooth them over with patience and wisdom. I am not talking about our sins, or related struggles that we may have. I am speaking in terms of longings and dreams, hopes, kites on strings, etc.

What if we sliced our hearts open, and shared these things? What if we all 'came clean', brought ourselves to disclose the hopes that we tuck inside? Why do we armor ourselves anyway? Why do we fortress these dreams? What if we tore those walls down, and allowed others to see what was inside. What a fearful proposal - what uncommon strength that would take.

What brought this on?

I feel like God has brought me to my knees in so many areas lately. It wouldn't take a genius to figure me out, but all this to say, through opening myself up to others, I have felt the arms of Jesus being wrapped around my struggling soul, with warming encouragement and love. Moments when you are caught off guard can be opportunities for great humility. The strength that I try to muster to keep these walls up is completely weak. And yet, when I am stripped bare, He clothes me in His grace, and when I am most weak, He makes me strong.


Thank you dear brethren, for the ministers of grace and hope you are to me. May my heart seek to be just as loving.

3 comments:

Erin Thompson said...

Are you doing all right, Amy? Blessings to you.

Hofwoman said...

Thanks Erin, I am doing fine, don't worry :)

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great thing to be doing though. Looking inside your heart. I am glad God is working on you. That is a time for growing!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger