07 April 2008

This is so weird . . .

Its 8 am, and I am not standing in my closet, wondering what in the world I am going to wear to work today. I am not trying to flurry through this post so that I can get out the door.

I am sitting here, breathing and relaxing - I don't have to go into work until noon.

I am feeling comforted and blessed in the provisions that God has made for us. Two great big prayers have been answered and I can't stop thanking Him. . .

#1 - my husband is home - he has been home for the past 3 weeks. No, he didn't lose his job ;)
He is still a project manager, but he is sort of 'in-between' projects right now, so he is working out of the main office, 25 minutes away. So, if you see a handsome 6 ft blond-haired guy hanging around, don't worry, that's my husband ;)

And #2 actually came to fruition this past week. Over a year ago this week, I began working more like 'full time' hours at my job. This was not really something I wanted to do, but it was something that I was called to do, and the Lord never asks too much of us. I admit that its been a challenging year, juggling work, BSF, trips back and forth, etc. - and I have had my share of complaining, fists up to God and all. But God has really blessed this path with His faithfulness. Sometimes, you just have to wait on Him. We were able to hire another administrative & marketing person who is able to fill in for me on this new part-time 1/2 day schedule my boss has given me. The timing is so perfect - I so appreciate having mornings at home to get the day going, and the company also is trying to make some cut-backs, so it feels good to be a part of those efforts.

So, here I am - and its so good to be here.

2 comments:

jen said...

that's so encouraging to hear, mames. i am so glad for you both. blessings on this new little season.

don't you LOVE having time to do home stuff??!

love you and thinking of you.

Sandie Jones said...

I love your description of the BSF retreat. I too had the privilege of attending the retreat. This was actually my second retreat and I truly look forward to the next. I have been a leader for five years and plan to stay until God calls me elsewhere. I also live near San Antonio and could identify with your description of the "dirt bomb" that happened a few weeks ago. I have lived in or around SA all of life so weird weather is a way of life. I was searching for "Jean Nystrand" on Google when I found your blog, funny how God works... I will continue to read your entertaining blogs. You can email me at sandiejones@yahoo.com. I would love to be your BSF email buddy! You can never have too many sisters-in-Christ. I am a discussion leader. I see that you are a children's leader probably in level 4. My two daughters have attended 7 years of BSF. They really feel that they should get some college credits for their hard work but I have promised them that their reward will be much greater than college credits. One has gone off to a BSF adult class in College Station and one is still in the senior level. My husband is also in BSF. He was a discussion leader for a couple of years and we actually got to go to the last retreat together. What a huge blessing that was !! Does your husband attend BSF?

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger