10 April 2008

Rain

Its been raining lightly here, all morning long. The dog is eagerly staring out the sliding glass door, watching the birds peck at the wet grass. I'd let him out, but then he'd want to come right back in again. The 'walk' sort of got lost in the midst of this sleepy starting day.

There's a stillness that creeps up to me right now, inviting me to feel its void with creativity, a skill that seems somewhat long lost to me right now. I am slowly trying to recapture this butterfly though. Time has made time for me to do so.

Maybe, this quest will just start simply - (really, why do I always think that creativity = writing poetry and painting in watercolor?)

Let's start with the basics, and then I will feel like I am making a little more progress in this department. Basics, eh? Like making the front porch more agreeable. We worked a lot on both the front and back yards these past weeks - if I can dig up the camera, I'll get a picture of that work's results.

I'm getting there

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger