09 April 2008

Groach!

I guess that you could call that a combination of 'gross' and 'roach'. . .

As I was on my bed writing down some prayer requests this morning, I noticed something small & dark MOVING slowly across my nightstand. Horror of horrors, it was a roach, crawling on top of my Bible and making his evil way to my cup of cranberry juice.

I ran to the guest bathroom to grab the best bug-killin' concoction that man has ever created : RAID Kills on Contact

Once he spotted me with his googly antennaed head, he fled under the bed. I managed to squirt a couple sprays on his gangly legs, paralyzing his escape.

It was a fight, but I am happy to say that I WON.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

And that would be yet another reason I did not enjoy living in South Texas! I do NOT miss the roaches! YYYUUUUCCCKKK!!!!

Hofwoman said...

Yeah, the summers and the bugs make me wonder why we live here sometimes ;)

Unknown said...

Amy 1 Roach dead. Thankfully I have Steven who will smash them to death and flush them so I don't have to. Just another good thing to having boys around. hehe

Anonymous said...

Good for you! In Houston these lovely little blessings (it hurt to type that) can be up to four inches! SO GROSS!!!

I have a neighbor who swears they do not bother her

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger