16 May 2006

Tremors




Do you ever look at your life now and ask yourself,"how in heaven did I get here?"
I am having a week like this, in wonderment of where I am now. There was a point when I thought that I would never get to college. There was a point when I thought I would never graduate. The yearning for a relationship was overwhelming, but I never thought I would ever get there. I never thought I would be living fulltime in Texas, I never thought I would be married at 23. Gee, how things do change.
Life goes so nicely unplanned, doesn't it? We can't plan it out, it is (and excuse the phrase) a 'God thing', most definitely.
The picture above is of my newly graduated cousin and best friend, Kirsten (Wheaton alum!). She is now in a new phase of life, and there are some bumps in the road to smooth out. I feel it all over again, though I think that I am beginning to be more settled into life.
Life is such a journey ~ I am learning more and more to praise God for the uncertainty, and the changes that rock us. Its hard to say it when you are undergoing the life earthquake, but when you look back, you just feel tremors. . .

"Life is what Happens when you are busy making other plans". . .

1 comments:

Kim said...

I feel that way all the time! Right after Ryan and I got married one of us would look at each other and say "We're married....what's with that!?!?!" God works in amazing ways!

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

* Wedding Day * 10-08-05

Things I Love - and not necessarily in this particular order ;)

  • Bubble Baths
  • California, where I was born
  • Chocolate :)
  • Color
  • Cooking & trying out new recipes
  • Decorating
  • Horsebackriding
  • Long conversations over good food
  • Music - all kinds
  • My Husband, of course! ;)
  • Photography
  • Reading
  • The Bible
  • The Northwest
  • The Ocean
  • The River Walk
  • Traveling
Powered By Blogger